An Apprenticeship is a way to earn money in a real job while you learn and gain a valued qualification at the same time.
Apprenticeships take from 12 months to four years to complete. There are three levels of Apprenticeships:
- Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Level Apprenticeship (Level 4 and above)
Most of the training is on-the-job working with a mentor to learn job specific skills in the workplace.
Other training may be delivered away from the workplace, e.g. in college through 'day release' arrangements. This depends on which Apprenticeship you choose.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
- You'll learn practical skills in state of the art facilities
- You'll gain nationally-recognised qualifications designed with the help of employers
- You'll be taught by experts with industry experience and knowledge
- You'll get a salary as well as training
- You'll improve your general skills including communication, team working, creative thinking and time-management and grow your self-confidence.
Take a look at the Apprenticeships we currently offer.
What our students say about Apprenticeships
'I feel like I can ask anything without feeling silly and I'm learning a lot.''I enjoy the practical side of the course and get on well with my tutor.'
'I love learning and earning at the same time.'
'I love the helpfulness of the staff and the camaraderie in the group.'
What to do next
Make an application online for an Apprenticeship or a job vacancy.
Visit the National Apprenticeships Service website for more information on becoming an apprentice.
Finding a job
We are in touch with hundreds of businesses and have access to many different job vacancies.
Take a look at the current vacancies we have to offer to the right of this page and apply online.
Already at work?
If you're already employed and would like to join an Apprenticeship programme with Northampton College, simply apply here and we will invite you in for an interview.