Our new Advanced Construction Engineering (ACE) Centre at Booth Lane will be open from September 2019.
Building on the College’s existing Construction, Engineering and Electrical expertise and resource, this new state of the art facility will provide places for up to 350 students and apprentices, and will focus on developing the future skills needed for the most up to date construction and engineering technologies.
We are now seeking to recruit staff who have a strong interest in education and training within Construction and the Built Environment to support our new curriculum.
Courses will be offered in the following disciplines:
• Brickwork, paving and stone masonry
• Plastering – solid and fibrous
• Construction plant mechanics
• Plumbing and gas
• Electrical installations
• Multi Skills – mechanical/electrical
• Painting, decorating and interior design
• Building services engineering – electrical
• Building services engineering - mechanical
• Construction – project managementComing soon – End Point Assessment Centre for construction crafts, electrical, plumbing and gas.We are looking for:
• current industry skilled practitioners
• current teachers
• retiring armed forces personnel
• recent university graduatesWe need:
• Staff to teach theoretical and practical aspects of our courses
• Assessors for Apprenticeship programmes
• Technicians to support students in practical workshop settings
• Teaching co-ordinators
• Learning Support Assistants.
You do not have to be a qualified teacher/trainer as full support will be provided to help you achieve teaching, training and assessor qualifications. We are offering attractive rates of pay, pension schemes and holiday allowances for those with the skills we are looking for. Full-time, part-time and flexible working opportunities are available.
So, if you’re looking for a new challenge, or want to discover how your skills can transfer to a different sector, don’t miss the opportunity to attend our recruitment fair.