Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Summary of course
This qualification in Business Administration is for people who want to work in administrative support roles in public or private sector organisations, or people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. From learning to carry out basic administrative tasks to gaining higher-level support skills, qualifications in Business Administration can be tailored to meet your or your employer's specific needs. The qualification will help you meet any statutory requirements for your job role and gain practical experience needed to be an effective and productive Administrator. You will gain confidence and develop understanding of working practices and employer organisations.
You can develop the following advanced skills through a combination of off-the-job training and workplace training:
- How to speak confidently on the office telephone
- Effective communication skills
- Financial Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Planning & Organising skills
- Time management skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Written Communication skills
What will I study:
The units you will study are likely to be:
- Communicate in a business environment - verbal and written communication skills
- Principles of business communication and information rules and regulations
- Principles of administration - rules and regulations
- Principles of business Understanding finance, marketing, business markets
- Manage personal and professional development your future
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please read the awarding body specification by clicking on the link below:
Awarding Body specification.
- Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 3 Customer Service
- Progression to a senior role within the workplace
How is the course assessed?
You will complete a range of assessments, these may include:
- Written work, assignments, producing a portfolio that demonstrates the skills and knowledge you have gained and how you applied them at work
- Performance in the workplace
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you are over the age of 16 or if you work or would like to work in an office environment, dealing with customers, using computers and producing documents.
Entry Requirements for new students
In order to meet the requirements of this qualification you will:
- Be employed in an office environment - in any industry
- Be aged 16 and above
- Attend a College interview
- Complete assessments in English and maths