Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Qualifications on offer: Higher National Diploma in Business
Summary of course
This programme provides students with limitless opportunities and practical preparation for management within a business context. The course has a strong vocational focus and ensures you have the skills and techniques to support your progression into industry. It has been designed to embrace the ever-changing nature of the modern business environment and will include modules of marketing, finance, human resources and operations management. Our mix of theory and practice enables you to apply what you have learned to real industry situations, enhancing your employment prospects.
Delivery by lecture, workshop and students work environment. Part-time study may be available for this course and these options will be discussed at your interview.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Research Project
- Organisational Behaviour
Additional Sample Units:
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
- Human Resources - Value and Contribution to Organisational Success
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- International Marketing
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please read the awarding body specification by clicking on the link below:
How is the course assessed?
Course-work and exam to include report writing, presentations, group tasks and interviews
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you have an interest focussing on the development of higher-level skills in a business context or if you are employed and wish to gain a higher level qualification in business management.
Progression and Career Opportunities
Employment or Higher Education.
Entry Requirements for new students
|Entry and Foundation:||GCSEs mainly 2-1 (F/G) grades. Satisfactory school reference*|
|Level 1:||Four GCSEs at grade 2 (E) or above|
|Level 2:||Four GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above|
|Level 3 BTEC Courses or equivalent:||Four GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A*-C)|
|Level 3 A Levels||Five GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths|
|Level 4/5:||A Level 3 qualification such as: A Levels, BTEC Level 3, Access to HE, Advanced Apprenticeship; equivalent of 48 UCAS points|
|Specific Course Requirements:||Level 3 qualifications with grades equivalent to 48 UCAS points; GCSE English and Maths at grade 9-4 (A*-C); applicants should be aged 18 or over.|
*All applicants will be invited in for interview.
Equivalent qualifications will be considered except where English has been studied as a second language and is required at GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C).
We welcome international applications and applications from students with a range of non-traditional educational or professional qualifications
Those who do not have English as their first language will need to provide NARIC confirmed equivalent of 48 UCAS points and will need to demonstrate that they meet the minimum English language requirement of IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component(or equivalent).
We may also admit students on the strength of other qualifications or experience through Accreditation of Prior Learning.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a level of interest and/or experience in the subject.
You must bring your interview letter to your appointment and arrive 15 minutes before your interview is due to take place with evidence of prior qualifications achieved.
General Info (materials required for the course)
The BTEC HND in Business has been developed to focus on:
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in business.
- Providing opportunities for students to follow specialised areas of study directly relevant to individual vocations and professions within the business context
- Providing opportunities for full-time students to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in business or progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in business or a related area
- Developing the knowledge, understanding and skills of students in the field of business
- Providing opportunities for students to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.