Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce
Summary of course
The qualification will help you to meet the statutory requirement that enables you to gain the practical skills needed to be an effective childcare practitioner. You will gain in confidence and develop your understanding of your working practices which will enhance the quality of care provided within the childcare sector.
You will develop the following skills through a combination of off-the-job training and workplace training:
- Knowledge and understanding of child and young person development
- Effective communication skills
- Awareness of Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Skills within health and safety including recognising hazards and childhood illnesses
What will I study? The units you will study are likely to include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people's Health and Safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please read the awarding body specification by clicking on the link below:
Awarding Body specification.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator)
- Progression to a Room leader
How is the course assessed?
You will complete a range of assessments, these will include:
- Producing a portfolio that demonstrates the skills and knowledge you have gained and how you applied them at work.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you work with children in childcare environment, where you care for and support children and young people, birth to five years old.
Entry Requirements for new students
In order to meet the requirements of this qualification you will:
- Be employed in a childcare setting
- Attend a College interview
- Complete and pass an initial assessment for maths and English
General Info (materials required for the course)
Benefits to company:
- Develop skilled and qualified staff
- Improve care skills
- Avoid future skills shortages
- Increase staff retention
- Meet your statutory requirements
Benefits to individual:
- Statutory requirement
- Gain a national recognised qualification
- Enhance skills and knowledge
- Become more productive and motivated
It is recommended that you purchase a Level 2 Certificate for Children and Young People's Workforce text book.