Summary of course
The Level 3 advanced apprenticeship is designed to build upon pre-existing knowledge from students who have already completed a Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations and wish to further their knowledge and skills in the Engineering industry.
What will I study?
The units you are likely to study are:
- Engineering health & safety
- Engineering principles
- Principles of mechanical manufacturing engineering
- Machining materials by turning
- Machining materials by milling
- Machining materials by grinding
- CNC machining of materials
- Detailed fitting of materials
- Maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
- Produce drawings using CAD
- Organising and managing engineering operations
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
How is the course assessed?
The theory part of the qualification is assessed through a series of tests while at college. The workplace qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence which is built in the workplace. The functional skills are assessed through exams.
Who is this course for?
This framework is for you if you are employed in a craft based role within the mechanical engineering industry.
Progression and Career Opportunities
The Level 3 Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Framework holds 32 UCAS Tariff points.
Entry Requirements for new students
- be employed in a suitable role
- hold a Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations qualification
- pass an English and maths diagnostic Level 2 assessment with 50% or above at interview; or have achieved GCSE at Grades 9-4 (A*-C) in these subjects.
*All applicants will be invited in for interview.
Equivalent qualifications will be considered except where English has been studies as a second language and is required at GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C).
In exceptional circumstances, applications which do not meet the formal entry criteria may be considered on an individual basis.
Be prepared to sit English and maths assessments.
General Info (materials required for the course)
Benefits to company:
- Train staff to national standards tailored to your business
- Increase profitability
- Lower staff turnover
- Improve productivity
Benefits to individual:
- Maximise future possibilities in the sector
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Become more confident
- Increase knowledge and improve skills