BTEC Level 3 in IT (Networking and Systems Support)
One or two years
You will need either:
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above, or BTEC Level 2 in IT at Merit.
Core units include:
• Communication and employability skills for IT
• Computer systems
• Information systems
• Managing networks
• Computer networks
• Communication technologies
• IT technical support
• IT systems troubleshooting and repair.
Specialist units* available include:
• Organisational systems security
• Spreadsheet modelling
• Database design
• Event driven programming
• Installing and upgrading software
• Data analysis and design
• Human computer interaction
• Maintaining computer systems
• Digital graphics and computers
• Developing computer games
• Network system security.
*Specialist units are subject to change
During the two-year programme you will also study a range of qualifications including GCSE Maths and English if you do not have a Grade C in these subjects.
Study for an HND or Degree programme, or seek employment as the skills you will have gained are very relevant for seeking jobs in IT and computing areas.
- Course running at Northampton