BTEC Level 3 in IT (Business)
One or two years
You will need either:
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above, or BTEC Level 2 in IT at Merit.
Core units include:
• Communication and employability skills for IT
• Computer systems
• Information systems
• Impact of the use of IT on business systems
• Organisational systems security
Specialist units* available include:
• Spreadsheet modelling
• Database design
• Event driven programming
• Human computer interaction
• Website production
• Web server scripting
• Digital graphics and computers
• Developing computer games
• Client-side customisation of web pages.
*Specialist units are subject to change
During the programme you will also study a range of qualifications including GCSE Maths and English if you do not have a Grade C in these subjects.
Please click here to see more about this course content
Study for an HND or Degree programme, or seek employment as the skills you will have gained are very relevant for seeking jobs in IT and computing areas.
- Course running at Northampton
- Course running at Daventry