BTEC Level 2 in Engineering
You need at least one of the following:
At least four GCSEs at Grade D or above including Maths at Grade C and good practical abilities or an appropriate Level 1 qualification at Merit with at least GCSE Maths at Grade D or equivalent.
Students who enrol without a GCSE in Mathematics and English at Grade C or above will be required to follow a GCSE or a functional skills programme to develop their skills further.
This course is ideal if you have not studied Engineering before and would like to develop the skills required for a career in Engineering and in particular progress to the Level 3 programmes. It is also suitable if you want to gain a qualification and hands-on practical experience before starting an Apprenticeship.
You’ll study three core units:
• Unit 1: Working safely and effectively in engineering.
• Unit 2: Interpreting and using engineering information.
• Unit 3: Mathematics for engineering technicians.
Examples of optional units (dependant on demand and whether you choose Electronic or Mechanical Engineering) include:
• Applied electrical and mechanical science for engineering
• Electronic devices and communication applications
• Electronic circuit construction
• Selecting engineering material
• Operation and maintenance of electronic systems and components
• Part-programming CNC machines.
• Engineering assembly methods and techniques
Progress onto a BTEC Level 3 or an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Course running at Northampton