NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (Mechanical) Programme
Four GCSEs at Grade D or above including Maths at Grade C and good practical abilities or an appropriate Level 1 qualification at Merit with at least GCSE Maths at Grade D or equivalent.
This course is for those with an interest in and commitment to mechanical engineering. It is an ideal taster for mechanical engineering and is suitable for people of all ages who are generally interested in engineering as well as those thinking about an Apprenticeship. It will introduce you to general mechanical workshop practices and skills, preparing you for either a craft position or further study for a mechanical engineering technician post.
Subjects covered include:
• Working safely in an engineering environment
• Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
• Using and communicating technical information
Proposed optional units:
• Producing components using hand fitting techniques
• Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
• Preparing and using milling machines
Students who enrol without a GCSE in Mathematics and English at Grade C or above will be required to follow a GCSE or a Functional Skills programme to develop their skills further.
You may progress to a BTEC Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or full-time employment/apprenticeship. This qualification could also enable progression to other related sector qualifications such as Level 2 Electrotechnical Certificate.
- Course running at Northampton