BTEC Level 3 in Music
One or two years
You will need either:
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above including English, or a Level 2 qualification at Merit level (including GCSE English at Grade C or above), or Level 2 part-time Music Practitioner qualification at Merit level. You must also have an ability to demonstrate music skills at an audition.
This is a practically-based course and includes a portfolio of performances and theory based assignments. You’ll study:
• Music performance techniques
• The sound and music industry
• Improvising music
• Listening skills
• Pop music in practice
• Music theory and harmony
• Composing music
• Music in the community
• Working and developing as an ensemble
• Arranging music
• Music keyboard skills
• Aural skills
• Special subject investigation
• Session techniques
• Music and society
• Planning a music project
• Singing techniques and performance.
You will also have the opportunity to study GCSE Maths if you do not have a grade C in this subject.
Progression to further qualifications such as:
• HND Music Production
• Degree in Music Performance or Music Technology
• Further specialist music training (e.g. instrumental performances courses).
- Course running at Northampton