BTEC Level 3 in Music Technology
One or two Years
You will need either:
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above including English, or
BTEC Level 2 at Merit level (including GCSE English at Grade C, or Level 2 Music Practitioner qualification at Merit level
You must also have an ability to demonstrate music skills at an audition.
This is a practical-based course and includes a portfolio of performances and theory based assignments. You’ll study:
• Creating and marketing a music product
• Listening skills
• Music sequencing
• Sound recording techniques
• The sound and music industry
• Audio engineering
• Computer music systems
• DJ performance and technology
• Introduction to acoustics
• Music and sounds for multimedia
• Music technology in performance
• Operating live sound
• Sound creation and manipulation
• Keyboard skills
• Pop music in practice
• Working with music notation software
• Software packages including Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools and Sibelius software packages.
You will also have the opportunity to study GCSE Maths if you do not have a grade C in this subject.
Progression to further qualifications such as:
• HND Music Production
• Degree in Music Performance or Music Technology
• Further specialist music training (e.g. sound engineering courses).
- Course running at Northampton