Art, Design & Photography
If you’re looking to pursue a career in Art and Design, Photography or Fashion Design, our programmes can provide you with the opportunities to get started.
A wide range of courses is available, both full and part-time, from Foundation Level right up to Level 4. If you’ve studied Art and Design at school, you’ll be able to start on one of our programmes immediately. If you’ve little or no experience, you’ll need to take one of our full-time preparatory courses, depending on your age, experience and ability, and successful completion will enable you to progress to other courses.
All our Art and Design programmes aim to help you develop observation, creative, technical and academic skills, as well as the ability to understand a wide range of media.
All courses include visits to galleries and museums.
Courses range from those offering a more general experience of art and design to those that are more specific in their area of interest.
Our students have an excellent record in gaining places on Degree, Foundation Degree and Higher National Diploma courses or gaining employment when they leave college.
Our specialist resources include:
• A range of art studios
• A ceramics room with two kilns, wheels and spray booths
• A 3D studio with facilities for working with wood, stone and plaster, as well as a range of machinery for cutting and refining
• A print-making workshop for lino prints, silkscreen and monoprints
• Two large fashion studios with cutting tables, industrial sewing machines, excellent millinery equipment and fashion-based computer resources
• Several Apple Mac suites equipped with software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Director and Cinema 4D Go
• Photographic studios and dark room for traditional photographic techniques.
As well as the main academic programme, you'll also be expected to take part in the College Enrichment Programme, which offers a wide range of activities such as sign language, sports, drumming, driving test theory and many more.
For more information please see our Enrichment area.