Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
Summary of course
The qualification will help you to meet the enhanced requirements to gain the practical skills needed to be an effective senior care worker. You will gain in confidence and develop your understanding of advanced working practices which will enhance the quality of care provided within care settings.
You will develop the following skills through a combination of off-the-job training and workplace training:
- Skills to deliver person centred care
- Skills to lead others and provide a positive role model
- Awareness of Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Skills within health and safety including manual handling and infection control
The units you will study are likely to include:
- Promote communication in health, social care settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches in Health and Social Care
- Promote and implement health and safety in Health and Social Care
Promote good practice in handling information in Health and Social Care
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please read the awarding body specification by clicking on the link below:
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Progression to a junior management role within the workplace
How is the course assessed?
You will complete a range of assessments, these will include:
- Producing a portfolio that demonstrates the skills and knowledge you have gained and how you applied them at work
Who is this course for?
This qualification is ideal if you work in a health or social care setting in a senior position delivering assistance to vulnerable adults and supporting other staff.
Entry Requirements for new students
In order to meet the requirements of this qualification you will:
- Be employed in a care setting
- You will previous experience of working in a Health and Social Care setting
- Meet a member of College staff to ensure you have the appropriate skills you will need to succeed
- Complete assessments in English and maths
There are no formal entry qualifications for this qualification.
General Info (materials required for the course)
Benefits to company:
- Develop skilled and qualified staff
- Improve care skills
- Avoid future skills shortages
- Increase staff retention
Benefits to individual:
- Gain a national recognised qualification
- Enhance skills and knowledge
- Become more productive and motivated It is recommended that you purchase a level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care text book.