Higher Level Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management - Level 5
Summary of course
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services is a qualification designed to give students the opportunity to build both managerial and care skills. It fulfils the regulatory requirement for those looking to become managers of adults residential and domiciliary services.
The course consists of Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (England) QCF (4978). Below are examples of some of the units you will be studying:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care
- Manage health and social care practice to ensure positive outcomes for individuals
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care
- Lead person-centred practice
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed through building a portfolio of evidence which includes observations by your assessor in the workplace, work produced through attendance at workshops in the college, assignments and professional discussion.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is for those already working in health and social care, assistant or deputy managers or managers who have not yet achieved a vocational qualification at this level.
Entry Requirements for new students
You should already hold GCSEs Grade A*-C in English and mathematics (or equivalent). Pass a BKSB assessment in English and Mathematics. You should be employed in a managerial role that will enable you to meet the criteria of the qualification.
Be prepared to sit an assessment in English and Mathematics.
General Info (materials required for the course)
Benefits to company:
- Give your company a competitive advantage
- Training relative to the Health and Social Care industry
- Skilled staff
Improve quality of Care given to residents
Benefits to individual:
- Maximise future opportunities
- Gain a qualification whilst gaining valuable work skills
- Train in an industry with a high demand for skilled staff