Summary of course
This is a nationally recognised qualification that enables students to gain the practical skills to lead others providing health and social care. Students will increase their confidence and professional skills to enhance the quality of care outcomes provided by their care provision. The programme includes mandatory (core and branch) and optional units that combine to give the learner enough credits to achieve the qualification.
All students must complete the following units:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication. (3 credits)
- Promote professional development. (4 credits)
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion. (4 credits)
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies procedures and practices in health and social care settings.
- Working in partnership in health and social care settings (4 credits). Branch Units
- Manage health and social care practice to ensure positive outcomes for individuals (5 credits)
- Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults. (5 credits)
- Lead and manage group living for adults. (5 credits)
- Understand safeguarding of children and young people (for those working in the adult sector).
- Lead person centred practice (4 credits)
- Lead and manage a team within a health and social care setting (7 credits)
- Develop professional supervision and practice in health and social care settings (5 credits).
Optional Units: These can be chosen to suit the learners personal and professional development needs.
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed by building a portfolio of evidence this includes workplace observations by a qualified assessor.
Who is this course for?
Those employed in a management role in a care setting.
Entry Requirements for new students
- be working in a management role in a care setting
- hold suitable responsibilities to meet the assessment criteria
- pass an initial assessment in Maths and English
General Info (materials required for the course)
For further information please call our Business Centre on 01604 734323.