An Apprenticeship, referred to as a 'job with training', is a way for young people and adults to earn while they learn and gain a valued qualification at the same time. Hiring an apprentice means that you can grow your own talent and develop someone whose skills become tailor-made for your business.
Apprenticeships take from 12 months to four years to complete and range from levels 2 to 7. The College offers Apprenticeships at the following levels:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Level Apprenticeship (Level 4 and 5)
Most of the training is completed in the workplace and is focused on learning job specific skills. It is compulsory that 20% of all training takes place 'off-the-job', e.g. at college or internal staff training.
What will it cost?
You will need to employ your apprentice on a salary that meets the national minimum wage for Apprenticeships. The cost of training is relative, and considers the size of your business as well as the age of the apprentice.
You will be entitled to a £1000 incentive if you take on an apprentice aged 16-18.
We offer Apprenticeships in:
- Business Administration
- Business Improvement Techniques (Lean Manufacturing)
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Customer Service
- Electrical Installations and Maintenance
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Fabrication and Welding
- Hairdressing and Barbering
- Health and Social Care
- Management and Team Leading
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
- Motor Vehicle - Light Vehicle and Heavy Vehicle
- Motor Vehicle - Heavy Trailer Maintenance and Repair
- Painting and Decorating
- Plastering & Plumbing
- Property Maintenance
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Warehousing and Logistics