At Northampton College you will develop your skills and receive the very best education and in state-of-the-art facilities. We are officially the leading college in the region.
We are committed to providing excellence in further education and we strive to ensure you reach your potential.
In 2018 Ofsted rated us as ‘Good’ with outstanding features. Around 9,000 students choose to study with us and this number is growing.
When you study at Northampton College you can expect to develop your academic, professional, technical and employability skills as well as your maths and English. Whether you are looking for a beginner’s course, a Level 2 or 3 course or a university-level programme, we will have a course for you.
We also offer a range of Apprenticeships and have strong links with a host of key local employers.
Parents and carers
We encourage you to be involved with your son or daughter’s education. Your support will make a tremendous difference to your child achieving their potential – we particularly want you to support their further progress in gaining a GCSE at grade 9-4 (A*-C) in maths and English.
If you can offer a young person work experience at your place of employment, please contact the Business Centre on 01604 734323.
- Over the last four years our pass rates have improved. In 2018, 95% of our students passed their course and 94% progressed on to further or higher education, or employment
- We have soared 178 places in the National Achievement Rates Tables in just three years to become the leading provider of Further Education in the region. The College is now ranked 31st out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year-old education and training
- We’ve seen a major improvement in GCSE resit maths and English pass rates with the College now ranked 15th nationally for maths and 18th overall for English
- We have state-of-the-art facilities at Booth Lane and Lower Mounts in Northampton and Daventry. A new multi-million pound Advanced Construction Engineering Centre is due to open at Booth Lane in 2019
- 8 out of 10 students are happy with their course
- 88% of employers would recommend a Northampton College apprentice
- We have received the The Reading Agency’s Gold Award for seven successive years.
Our purpose is to provide high quality further education and training for Northamptonshire people and businesses. The College's mission is to enhance the lives of our students, helping them to reach potential through learning and to create the leaders of tomorrow.
Coming to college is not just about getting your qualifications, it’s about unlocking potential, realising ambitions and making a difference to our community.
We employ around 500 permanent members of staff and a further 300 work on a flexible basis. Staff are given every opportunity to develop their skills and we are committed to supporting a professionally-qualified and experienced workforce.
We offer a broad range of full-time and part-time courses, many funded by the Education Funding Agency (ESFA).
In addition, we offer higher education courses in partnership with the Universities of Northampton and Warwick, and offer support to a range of other organisations including the voluntary sector.