Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
Summary of course
This qualification in Business Administration is for people who want to work in administrative support roles in public or private sector organisations, or people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. From learning to carry out basic administrative tasks to gaining higher-level support skills, qualifications in Business Administration can be tailored to meet your or your employer's specific needs. The qualification will help you meet any statutory requirements for your job role and gain practical experience needed to be an effective and productive Administrator. You will gain confidence and develop understanding of working practices and employer organisations.
You can develop the following skills through a combination of off-the-job training and workplace training:
- How to speak confidently on the office telephone
- Effective communication skills
- Financial Skills
- Problem solving
- Planning & Organising
- Time management skills
What will I study? The units you will study are likely to be:
- Communication in a business environment written and verbal
- Principles of providing administrative services rules and regulations
- Principles of business document production and information management - rules and regulations
- Understand employer organisations how companies are set up
- Manage personal performance and development your future and current development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues team work
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
For further information about the course and the units you will study, please read the awarding body specification by clicking on the link below:
<ahref=https://enter link here#tab-1 target=_blank>Awarding Body specification.
How is the course assessed?
You will complete a range of assessments, these may include:
- Written work, assignments, producing a portfolio that demonstrates the skills and knowledge you have gained and how you applied them at work
- Performance in the workplace
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you are over the age of 16 or if you work or would like to work in an office environment, dealing with customers, using computers and producing documents.
Entry Requirements for new students
In order to meet the requirements of this qualification you will:
- Be employed in an office environment in any industry
- Be aged 16 and above
- Attend a College interview
- Complete assessments in English and maths
There are no formal entry qualifications for this qualification, however it is anticipated that you will have achieved at least Grade E and above in English and Maths.