A lean organisation provides the greatest customer value with the fewest resources, a philosophy increasingly important in today's competitive business market. A sound understanding of the concept and benefits of a lean environment, as well as a knowledge of business techniques and working in teams, is essential. Our nationally recognised qualification is designed to provide individuals with an appreciation and understanding of some key principles of lean organisation management.
What will I study?
- Lean organisation techniques in business
- Business improvement tools and techniques
- Working in business teams
Who is this course for?
This qualification is ideal for learners working in areas where improvements to quality, processes and costs have been identified. It may also be suitable to provide knowledge and new skills that will be attractive to employers. It is a very relevant qualification for new/aspiring managers/supervisors within industry who want to demonstrate knowledge in efficient processes and who enjoys studying independently.
How is the course assessed?
This course is studied online which allows you to progress at your own pace although you will be given deadlines to complete and submit the work. All the interactive learning materials and assessments you need will be made available to you through our online learning platform. You will receive detailed feedback on your work so that you can improve your skills as you progress through the qualification.
Your Study Programme
This course is ideal for people who like to learn independently without coming into college. The online portfolio of resources and assessment questions means that you can organise your study to be at a time/day to suit and from a location which is convenient. You will need to study for a minimum of 2-3 hrs per week and finish the course within 10 weeks.
You will have access to specialist support from dedicated tutors who will be contactable via email/phone.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- Managing stakeholders and their differing relationships to an organisation
- Laws and regulations that Apply to their role including data protection, health & safety and compliance
- The applicability of business principles such as Managing change, business finances and project management.
You will have the ability to:
- Use multiple IT packages and systems relevant to The organisation
- Build and maintains positive relationships within your own team and across The organisation
- Demonstrate good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on The telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
What is required?
- Act as a role model, contributing to team cohesion and productivity representing The positive aspects of team culture and respectfully challenging inappropriate prevailing cultures
- take responsibility for your own Work, accept feedback in a positive way, Use initiative and show resilience
- Demonstrate taking responsibility for team performance and quality of projects delivered.
Once you have started on the course and submitted your first unit, our team will review and mark your work promptly. Your tutor will provide regular feedback that will help you to improve your skills and knowledge. We will also keep in touch with you to make sure that you are continuing to make good progress through the course and to check to see if there are any additional support needs. In the unlikely event that you are unable to complete the course within 10 weeks there is a withdrawal fee of £100.
Progression and Career Opportunities
Learners who complete this course often choose to study another online distance course, in particular L2 Certificates in Warehouse and Storage and Climate Control are popular choices.
At the end of the course, your tutor may suggest a suitable option for you to progress onto or you can contact the Enrolment team who will advise you on the courses available.
We also have a careers team available via phone, email or in-person who can help to plan a career pathway for you.
Entry Requirements for new students
You should have been living in the UK for 3 years by the start of the course. You should be over 19+ by 31.08 in the academic year you wish to study.
If you are aged 19-23 you must hold a full Level 2 qualification and not currently be enrolled on an apprenticeship.
If you are Aged 24+ or above (and resident in the UK/EU for 3 years before the start date).
You will also need to have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection so that you can complete and submit your work on time, an email account that you regularly check and/or a phone so that we can keep in contact with you.
You need to pass a short English assessment which will be emailed to you for completion. You will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient time to study the qualification as it is expected that you will achieve within 6-10 weeks.
After you submit your application, you will receive a pre-course assessment form which we will ask you to complete and return to us. Your application will then be reviewed by our team and we will contact you to arrange the next steps.