Awarding Body: OCR
Qualification on offer: Level 2 Certificate in IT Users
Summary of course
If you use IT on a daily basis at work and if you want to improve your ability across a range of aplications then ITQ is for you. The qualification aims to develop your knowledge of standard IT hardware and software and develop your ability to operate equipment correctly and safely. Certificate in IT achieved through completing a mandatory unit and optional units.
You will develop the follwing skills through a combination of workplace training and practical experience:
- Creating documents
- Creating templates
- Spreadsheet formulas
- Presentation skills
The units you are likely to study are:
- Improving Productivity using IT
- Using Email
- Database software
- Spreadsheet software
- Presentation software
- Word processing software
Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration.
How is the course assessed?
You will complete the qualification using assignments, created by the Awarding Body.
Who is this course for?
The qualification is for anyone who uses or needs to use IT within their everyday work, students would be expected to have a basic understanding and are looking to broaden their application knowledge.
Entry Requirements for new students
In order to meet tthe requirements of this qualification you will:
- Be employed within a business using IT on a daily basis
- Meet a member of College staff to ensure you have the appropriate skills you will need to succeed
- Complete initial assessments in English and Math
General Info (materials required for the course)
Benefits to company:
- Train staff to national standards tailored to your business
- Increase profitability
- Lower staff turnover
Benefits to individual:
- Maximise future possibilities in the sector
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Become more confident
- Increase knowledge and improve skills
Access to software packages such as Microsoft Office.