Working with in our popular bistro you will be trained by industry professional to develop skills and knowledge in Hospitality services. Serving a range of specialist coffees, sandwiches, light lunches, small desserts, and cakes.
By studying a hospitality and catering course with us you will be enabled to gain the business skills necessary to progress in the industry. Working in the realistic environment, serving real customers, is an excellent starting point for your career or anyone who is seeking to change career direction.
Students will also get the opportunity to be involved in many other events throughout the course
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include: Core units:
- Food safety
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Customer service
- Working as part of a hospitality team
- Table service
- Barista coffee service skills
- Preparing and presenting food for cold presentation
*All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in developing a career or re-training to pursue employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment is mainly by observation of practical skills. This is supplemented by further testing of theoretical knowledge by a mixture of oral, written and computer based questioning.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- The basic principles of menu design, layout and presentation
- how to pair food and beverages and Keep up to date with popular trends
- working as part of a team to deliver specific requirements, promotions and specials to customers.
You will have the ability to:
- Work as a team to ensure customers are provided with up-to-date, helpful information and recommendations on food and beverages
- Prepare food and beverage service areas in good time ensuring all resources are available and ready for Use
- Provide efficient, accurate and Effective service in line with customer needs and brand standards.
What is required?
- a passion for high quality food and drink service
- teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to Work efficiently under pressure.
- A clean pressed uniform
- Casual day wear for theory classes
The uniform and equipment is purchased through nominated suppliers, cost will be discussed at interview.
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course you could progress to
- Café / Bistro Staff
- Front of House food service operative
- Fast food assistant / Kitchen assistant
Entry Requirements for new students
No formal entry requirements are needed. However all students are expected to follow our exacting standards of hygiene and health and safety.