Summary of course
This qualification is designed for individuals who are 16+ and interested in working in the construction plant or machinery maintenance industry The qualification contains a range of units which allows learners to develop their knowledge and skills across a range of different areas to cover the diverse nature of equipment within the construction plant and machinery maintenance industry.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include: Core units:
- Workplace Health, Safety And Welfare
- Conform To Productive Work Practices
- Move Handle Or Store Resources
- Operate Plant Or Machinery For Non-Operational Maintenance Activities
- Service Plant Or Machinery
- Remove And Replace Plant Or Machinery Components
- Dismantle And Assemble Plant Or Machinery Components
- Undertake Functional Diagnostics Of Faults In Plant Or Machinery
- Inspect Plant Or Machinery For Operational Serviceability
- Produce One-Off Components By Bench Fitting Techniques
- Install Plant Or Machinery
- Carry Out Specific Tests On Plant Or Machinery
- Configure And Hand Over Plant Or Machinery
- Thermal Cutting And Joining Materials All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
How is the course assessed?
The assessment of is made up of three components which are set by IMI:
- practical tasks
- online testing
- written assignment/coursework
Your Study Programme
If you are aged 16-18, you will join a Study Programme. We will make sure you are working at the right level on your core qualification and are challenged to achieve the highest level of qualification you can. All students will continue to improve their maths and English and if you dont have a grade C (4) at GCSE, we will work with you towards achieving that goal. Work experience will be part of your study programme and complement your college study and prepare you for employment. You will also get involved in activities to help you develop life skills and to build your confidence so you can make progress in your career. Weekly timetables will include tutorial support which may comprise of full group activities or one to one sessions to discuss individual progress or support needs.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in Construction Plant/Machinery and wish to gain a Level 2 qualification in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance.
Progression and Career Opportunities
Progression and Career Opportunities,
- Level 3 Diploma in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance (Construction) Booth Lane
Entry Requirements for new students
Entry requirements for new students - Four GCSEs at Grade 3 [D] or above including English or Maths. All applicants will be invited for interview Equivalent qualifications will be considered.
You must bring your interview letter to your appointment and arrive 15 minutes before your interview is due to take place. You would normally be expected to attend a short interview with the tutor of the course to discuss the details of the programme, answer any questions you may have to ensure that this is the right course
General Info (materials required for the course)
You will be expected to provide overalls, safety boots or shoes, writing equipment and a folder for your work. At your interview you will be provided with a preferred Kit List that will assist you during your course. This kit will always belong to you is fully transferable to take with you in to employment