Northampton College is taking part in the Industry Placement pilot, as part of the new T-Level Technical Study programme.
Industry Placements will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to enter employment or progress onto further training and apprenticeships.
What do students gain from completing industry placements?
Industry Placements are a key feature of the new T-Level qualification, helping you develop an appreciation of the world of work and experience employer expectations.
They have a structured plan for the duration of the programme and you will complete a professional-standard portfolio. This is to be followed up with feedback and reviews from the Industry Placement and Business Centre teams.
What are the outcomes?
This programme will put you in an enhanced position for apprenticeships, University referrals, Further Education and non-apprenticeship employment from 2021. Upon successful completion you will be guaranteed a referral and interview with a local employer via our Business Centre.
Industry Placement Skills Builder Programme
This programme will consist of two sessions per week. One two hour taught session and one eight hour directed study session, during which you will be able to learn about and develop upon topics such as:
- The exploration of career pathways within your chosen industry sector.
- Qualifications and plans of action required.
- Skills assessments.
- Expectations and behaviours required within your chosen industry sector.
- Exploration of desired job roles.
- Promotion ladders and timeframes within your chosen industry sector.
- The application process, cover letter writing and CV support.
- Apprenticeship referrals.
- Career matching services.
Our Futures, careers and apprenticeship teams also offer advice, guidance, support and career matching services that help you gain the skills and confidence required for the world of work.
If you need to talk to the Industry Placement team, we are: