This course is designed to give you an overview of creating and developing websites using modern technologies and interactive features. Using content management systems such as Google Sites and WordPress before moving on to coding your own pages using industry standards.
What will I study?
- The basics of HTML to create web pages
- The use of CSS to style web sites
- Using Google Sites to create an ecommerce website
Who is this course for?
This course will be useful for anyone looking to create a website for their own small business or as an introduction to web development.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- The concepts and fundamentals of data, including searching, storing, integrating and organising data
- The main features and benefits of digital information systems and how these are used to maintain information and to support organisations and best working practices
- The principles of organisational information security governance and the components of an organisation's cyber security technical infrastructure including hardware, operating systems, networks, software and cloud.
You will have the ability to:
- Install and configure basic hardware system components, networks and devices
- Write code following an appropriate logical approach to agreed standards
- Follow information security procedures.
What is required?
- Manage own time to meet deadlines and Manage stakeholder expectations
- Work independently and take responsibility for own actions within a given job role
- Work with a range of internal and external customers.
Entry Requirements for new students
There are no formal requirements for this course.