For some young people, a lack of understanding of the working world is a significant barrier to finding and sustaining employment.
The chance to undertake real work and adjust to the routines and habits of working life can significantly improve their employment prospects.
Offering Work Experience to a younger age group can also be highly effective in supporting people to find employment. It can develop or re-fresh their skills and help them gain confidence, supporting them to move closer to employment.
What are the benefits of offering work experience?
There are lots of benefits for employers that choose to open their doors to our students.
- Develop a recruitment pipeline for apprentices or full-time employees.
- Offer a mentor role to a current employee who is showing management potential.
- Help to shape the workforce of the future.
What we ask of you:
- An induction - This allows the student to fully understand the scope of your organization and what is expected of them.
- Regular feedback - Constructive, honest and supportive.
- Shadowing - And the ability to pick up information and skills during their time with your organisation.
- On-job experience - Relative to the student's current course.
How do I get involved?
We have been overwhelmed with the support of our local employers during the previous Academic Years and we very much look forward to continuing our employer relationships on into the future. If you are a local employer we have yet to work with, or an employer that is looking to return to offer Work Experience Placements – this is your chance to be an industry leader and act as a role model to a new generation of workers.
We also welcome employers to talk to our students, virtually or in person, during their study programme about their organisation and/or industry allowing the students an insight to the many various opportunities awaiting them.