Why choose an Apprenticeship?
By becoming an apprentice, you will:
- Learn practical skills in state-of-the-art facilities
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications designed with the help of employers
- Benefit from our expert teachers, who all have industry experience and knowledge
- Earn a wage as well as training
- Improve your general skills, including communication, team working, creative thinking and time-management and grow your self-confidence.
What Apprenticeships could you do?
We offer 16 different Apprenticeship pathways – from Childcare to Engineering and Construction to Business Administration.
To find out more about these, you can use our Course Explorer to view our full range of apprenticeships.
How to become an apprentice
There are two ways to become an apprentice at Northampton College:
I have a job lined up, and I’m looking for an apprenticeship qualification
I want to become an apprentice, but I don’t have a job yet
We list all of our apprenticeship vacancies through the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS). Each of these job openings are with trusted employers who are looking for an apprentice to join their team.
You can click the button below to look through what’s currently on offer. Once you’ve found a vacancy you’re interested in, you will be taken to the National Apprenticeship Service website to begin your application for the role.
Please don’t worry if there’s nothing there for you just yet - our vacancies are updated regularly, so keep checking back.
We're here to support you
If you're not sure which apprenticeship would be best for you, or what to do next, please don't worry, as our friendly Apprenticeships team can answer any questions you may have about apprenticeships and help you with applications, interviews and CV writing.
The team run a weekly apprenticeship drop-in at our Lower Mounts campus, every Monday from 10am - 4pm.*
*The drop-in will run on Tuesdays for the following dates in August:
- Tuesday, 2 August 2022, 10am - 4pm
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022, 10am - 4pm
- Tuesday, 16 August 2022, 10am - 4pm
You can also use our Course Explorer to view our full list of apprenticeships.