Why choose an Apprenticeship?
We offer apprenticeships from Level 2 up to Level 5, giving you the chance to secure a qualification while gaining valuable experience in the workplace.
You will work with a mentor to learn job-specific skills with your employer, while a portion of your time will be spent away from the workplace at college.
By becoming an apprentice, you will:
- Learn practical skills in state-of-the-art facilities
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications designed with the help of employers
- Benefit from our expert teachers, who all have industry experience and knowledge
- Earn a wage as well as training
- Improve your general skills, including communication, team working, creative thinking and time-management and grow your self-confidence.
All Northampton College apprentices also have full-access to our School of Academic and Vocational Support, who can provide specialist additional support to help you reach your full potential during your apprenticeship.
What Apprenticeships could you do?
We offer 16 different Apprenticeship pathways – from Childcare to Engineering and Construction to Business Administration.
To find out more about these, take a look at our apprenticeship leaflet, or use our Course Explorer to view our full range of apprenticeships.
How to become an apprentice
There are two ways to become an apprentice at Northampton College:
I have a job lined up, and I’m looking for an apprenticeship qualification
I want to become an apprentice, but I don’t have a job yet
We list all of our apprenticeship vacancies through the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS). Each of these job openings are with trusted employers who are looking for an apprentice to join their team.
You can click the button below to look through what’s currently on offer. Once you’ve found a vacancy you’re interested in, you will be taken to the National Apprenticeship Service website to begin your application for the role.
Please don’t worry if there’s nothing there for you just yet - our vacancies are updated regularly, so keep checking back.
Entry Requirements for apprenticeships
The entry requirements for an apprenticeship are as follows:
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Standard - Minimum of grade 3 in GCSE maths AND English or Level 1 Functional Skills (or equivalent)
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Standard - Minimum of grade 4 in GCSE maths AND English or Level 2 Functional Skills (or equivalent)