As the leading college in the region, we respond to the needs of local employers and work in partnership with stakeholders to meet the requirements of the local skills agenda.
We are committed to producing a tailor-made pipeline of great people to benefit organisations of all sizes, both here in Northamptonshire and further afield.
The right choice as your business training provider
We want to help you train and sustain a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce that makes a positive contribution to the success of your business.
Northampton College provides a wide range of services and opportunities for local businesses across the county to improve and strengthen their workforce. More information about each of these services can be found in our employer brochure.
An Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training scheme, designed with the help of employers, allowing employees to gain qualifications whilst they work.
Northampton College provides assistance throughout every step of the apprenticeship process, from recruitment to qualification. We can start with a free, no obligation review, support you with filling apprenticeship vacancies and help you to access Government funding.
You can visit our Apprenticeships page to find out more.
Industry Placements, T Levels and Work Experience
Placements and work experience programmes are a great way of helping to develop the essential skills of your future workforce and can act as a potential recruitment pipeline for apprentices or full-time members of staff, while giving students an invaluable taste of their chosen career.
Skills and workforce development
We can work with you to identify any qualifications required and deliver training where needed.
- English and maths - high-quality English, maths and IT courses for adults at The Skills Centre NC, based in the centre of Northampton.
- Part-time courses - a range of part-time courses for adults wishing to learn new skills or earn qualifications to gain employment or progress at work.
- University level courses – a growing number of HNCs and HNDs, some of which can be studied on a part-time basis, offering a flexible way of achieving a university qualification.
- Professional training courses – flexible qualifications designed for businesses who are willing to invest in their staff, as well as individuals who are seeking to address their own professional development.
- Distance Learning - short courses that can be studied online from home, meaning employees can start them at any time throughout the year and complete them in their own time.
- Traineeships - a skills development programme lasting from six weeks to a year, including a work placement to help young people get the skills and experience they need to get an apprenticeship or a job.
- Access to facilities
Events and opportunities
We want to give you access to the people who will make a difference in your business. A key part of this is fostering relations between young people and employers, which we achieve through careers fairs, awards ceremony sponsorship opportunities and events that fall within our exciting STEM-based initiative, Ignite the Spark.
We also invite local employers into college as guest speakers to deliver inspirational talks to our students, and hold regular employer events so that we can discuss the skills you feel you are lacking within today’s workforce.
Working with us
Our students regularly engage with employers as part of their course - through work experience placements, trips and visits, presentations from employers, industry webinars and careers fairs. This can support them to make well-informed career decisions and prepare for success in the workplace.
Our track record
The College has helped to recruit hundreds of apprentices to vacancies within the local workforce.
- Over 90 per cent of employers agree that the College understands their issues and offers training and assessment in a flexible way to meet their needs.
- 88% of employers would recommend a Northampton College apprentice
- Nine out of 10 apprentices remained in employment after completing their Apprenticeship at Northampton College
We have excellent links with local businesses and have worked with nearly 600 organisations over the last year across a range of industry sectors.
We are here to support you
If you would like to find out more about what we can offer to your organisation, please get in touch to arrange an appointment with our business development team to discuss your training and recruitment needs.
We can provide further information on grants, funding and incentives and explain more about our free recruitment service.
We look forward to working with you to build a better, brighter future for Northamptonshire.