Our Schools Liaison team ‘Futures’ works closely with schools, sixth forms, academies and alternative education providers across Northamptonshire and surrounding counties to deliver advice and guidance to students to help them prepare for the next exciting stage of their education.
Our aim is to inspire the next generation through engagement with students, providing a window into the range of opportunities in further education.
Having once again secured Matrix accreditation in 2024, we have been recognised as being able to offer impartial advice to support young people to make well informed, realistic decisions about their options, education and future career choices.
Our team of qualified and experienced careers advisers are committed to supporting schools and your work with learners. We are passionate about raising aspirations, challenging stereotypes, motivating and empowering young people and increasing awareness of the full range of learning opportunities available.
With our extensive knowledge of vocational courses and progression routes, we can work together to ensure that each school student has meaningful encounters with a further education provider to meet that particular requirement of the Gatsby benchmarks. We provide a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable link between school careers staff and the college, and can also offer expert advice to parents, carers and the wider community.
Working with us
Our schools liaison team are experienced, qualified careers advisers who can support your students to choose the right pathway for them to succeed.
School students unsure of their next step can book an impartial telephone guidance interview with a Futures adviser by calling the Enrolment Centre on 0300 123 2344, or by using our live chat.
‘Igniting the spark’ in the next generation
‘Ignite the Spark’ is our exciting annual programme of events, aimed at school pupils in years 10 and 11.
While originally designed to increase participation amongst young people in STEM educational programmes, this evolving initiative has grown year on year to encompass a range of subjects closely aligned with local and regional skills priorities.
Previous activities include:
- Science Masterclasses, in collaboration with the National Space Academy
- The Big Rig Low Carbon Challenge, with teams of eight competing to install a solar powered water system
- A week-long Construction Engineering Festival, including innovative workshops and presentations from TeenTech, Robot Wars winner Gabriel Stroud and a variety of STEM based taster sessions
- ‘Creating Digital Futures’, an event focussed on Digital Skills, led by college subject specialists in Media, Games Design and Animation
- An event bringing together our subject specialists in Science and Engineering, allowing students to gain a deeper understanding of sustainability and the future
- A logistics-focussed event in collaboration with global logistics and supply chain companies, wherein subject specialists educated students on the future of this fast-growing industry.
- A dedicated event at our Daventry Campus, inspiring local young people to consider the variety of career options open to them.
Our ‘Ignite the Spark’ initiative recognises the power of partnerships between education and industry, providing pupils with the opportunity to learn directly from those actively working in industry. By working together, we can make sure that all young people and their parents are fully-informed about exciting career pathways.
We will keep you updated via this web page, as well as regular issues of NC Connect, the schools liaison newsletter for school careers contacts.
We look forward to working with you!