This course is the starting point for the Level 1 in Accounting programme. From this course, students will gain an understanding of how different businesses operate across the public and private sector. They will learn how they can effectively contribute in the workplace by working with others, managing their time and behaving professionally. Students will gain an understanding of the ways in which businesses process sales and purchases and the documentation and procedures used to move goods and services between businesses. This a four-week course with the exam being taken in the fourth week. Students will receive a certificate up to six weeks after the successful completion of the exam.
What will I study?
Level 1 Business skills has four learning outcomes:
Working in the business environment
- Develop skills for the workplace
- Understand how organisations operate
- Understand how sales and purchases support businesses
- Apply business procedures to sales and purchases
Using numbers in business
- Perform simple business calculations
- Calculate decimals, fractions, percentages, proportions and ratios
- Use tools and techniques to present numerical data
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in Accounting and it is perfect for people with no previous experience in Accounting. It is well suited to people looking to return to work as it gives a qualification and an understanding of the basics of accounting. It?s targeted at students that are over 19.
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed by one computer-based exam lasting one and half hours. The result is usually available within 24 hours.
Students do not need any special materials other than a pen, paper and calculator. The use of a mobile phone as a calculator will not be permitted. As part of course, students will be required to register as a member of the AAT.
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course, you will be able progress onto the Level 1 Access Award in Accounting Software or Bookkeeping.
Entry Requirements for new students
Four GCSEs at grade E (2) or above
*All applicants will be invited for interview
- Equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- In exceptional circumstances, applications which do not meet the formal entry criteria may be considered on an individual basis.
Students that wish to enrol this course can simply apply online for the next available start date.