To be able progress onto this course you should have complete the AAT Level 1 Business Skills qualification as this is the second course in the Level 1 Accounting Programme. The Award in Computerised Accounting introduces students to the basics of using accounting software. Students that complete this qualification will understand how to process information in respect of the sales and purchase ledger, create invoices and credit notes and deal with payments. They will learn the benefits of batch control sheets and how to produce a number of reports. The course will last for four weeks with the exam being taken in the fourth week.
What will I study?
There is only one unit in Access to Accounting Software for this qualification it has four learning aims:
- Create accounts using computerised software
- Process accounting information using computerised software
- Understand how to use batch control sheets
- Produce reports using computerised accounts software
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you want to learn the basics of using a computerised accounting package and you have completed the Level 1 Business Skills course. It will prepare you to study Level 1 Bookkeeping and AAT Level 2 Accounting.
How is the course assessed?
- This course is assessed by a computer-based exam.
- At the conclusion of the exam students are expected to produce a number printed of documents to be assessed externally.
Students do not need any special materials other than a pen, paper and calculator. The use of a mobile phone as a calculator will not be permitted.
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course, students could progress to the Level 1 Access Award in Bookkeeping which is the final course in the Level 1 programme.
Entry Requirements for new students
Four GCSEs at grade E (2) or above.
- Successful completion of the AAT Level 1 Award in Business Skills
*All applicants will be invited for interview
- Equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- In exceptional circumstances, applications which do not meet the formal entry criteria may be considered on an individual basis.
Students that wish to enrol this course can simply apply online for the next available start date. Students that successfully complete the Level 1 Business Skills will be accepted straight onto the course.