This qualification is for students wanting to learn the basic skills and knowledge involved in plumbing. The qualification covers a range of basic tasks and underpinning knowledge involved in plumbing.
You will study a range of practical techniques required for the industry, together with plumbing principles and technology.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper pipework
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel 3 pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Plumbing science
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you want to develop knowledge and skills in preparation for a career in plumbing and wish to gain a Level 1 qualification.
How is the course assessed?
-Practical assessments -Written exams
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- health and safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices.
- selection, planning, installation, testing, commissioning and de-commissioning
- different communication methods, how to Communicate in a clear, articulate and appropriate manner.
You will have the ability to:
- Apply selection, planning, installation, testing, commissioning and de-commissioning, service, maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair techniques on cold water, hot water, central heating, above ground drainage and rainwater systems.
What is required?
- Being punctual, reliable and professional
- quality focussed in Work and in personal standards
- Review own actions considering The impact on environmental, social and economic factors.
Progression and Career Opportunities
On successful completion of all elements of their study programme students can be interviewed for the Level 2 Plumbing qualification.
Entry Requirements for new students
4 GCSEs at Grade 2 including English and maths
Your application is very important to us and we are committed to ensuring you receive the best possible experience.
We will consider your application carefully and will let you know, by email, if the College would like to make you a conditional offer based on you meeting the specified entry requirements.
If your application suggests that an alternative subject area or course level would be more appropriate for you at this stage, we will contact you either by telephone, email or text.