The course will develop your painting and decorating skills and is ideal if you have some knowledge and basic skills in Painting and Decorating or have completed a Level 1 course in Painting and Decorating.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and applying colour
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in building and construction and wish to gain a Level 2 qualification in painting and decorating.
How is the course assessed?
- Practical task
- On-line multi-choice exams
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- Work hazards, safe working methods and appropriate safety requirements
- Most appropriate products and Use of colour in different settings
- techniques of application by brush, roller, pressure assisted roller and spray application.
You will have the ability to:
- identify hazards and risks in The workplace ensuring a safe environment
- Select, Use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely
- Use different application methods.
What is required?
- responsibilities towards own and others safety in The workplace
- Attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement?
- Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management.?
Progression and Career Opportunities
You could progress on to the Level 3 in Painting and Decorating
Entry Requirements for new students
Four GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above - or for adult students - completion of basic secondary education and experience with DIY painting and decorating
Your application is very important to us and we are committed to ensuring you receive the best possible experience.
We will consider your application carefully and will let you know, by email, if the College would like to make you a conditional offer based on you meeting the specified entry requirements.
If your application suggests that an alternative subject area or course level would be more appropriate for you at this stage, we will contact you either by telephone, email or text.