The course will be predominately delivered via online interactive resources supported by City and Guilds. This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671). The IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include:
- 602 Understand the requirements of electrical installations BS 7671 (2018)
Who is this course for?
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671).
How is the course assessed?
successfully complete one multiple choice online test (60 Questions ? 120minutes) . This is an open book assessment and learners will be allowed to take in the following permitted reference material
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition: BS 7671:2018 Requirements IET wiring regulations books taken into examinations can contain the following:
- Bookmarks (eg blank post-it notes, post-it notes numbered to indicate chapters or corners of pages folded)
- Highlighting of text
IET wiring regulations books taken into exams cannot contain the following:
- Sample exam questions, answers or diagrams
- Any writing in the regulations or accompanying written notes
- Notes, diagrams or any content that may in anyway advantage the candidate in answering questions within the exam.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- The principles, practices and legislation for The termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems
- The practices and procedures for The preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, structures and The environment
- The principles of planning and selection for The installation of electrotechnical equipment and systems in buildings, structures and The environment.
You will have the ability to:
- Apply The practices and procedures for planning and preparing to maintain electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Apply health and safety and environmental regulations, guidance notes and relevant codes of practice, and The requirements of The current edition of The wiring Regulations.
What is required?
- Work reliably and effectively without close supervision
- Work effectively with colleagues, other trades, clients, suppliers and The public
- maintain and enhance competence in own area.
A clean copy of BS 7671:2018 as amended.
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course you could progress to testing and Inspection courses 2391
Entry Requirements for new students
- The candidate needs to be working in the electrical industry for at least 2 years.
- All applicants will be invited for interview (Call Roberto Pareccini 01604734330).
- Equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- In exceptional circumstances, applications which do not meet the formal entry criteria may be considered on an individual basis.
You must bring your interview letter to your appointment and arrive 15 minutes before your interview is due to take place.