With in this course apprentice?s will be able to
Earn a wage while you work and study
- Meet organisational and industry standards
- Work on real clients
- Work and learn along other students building relationships, sharing ideas and encourage team working
- Learn how to work on a range of different clients
- Watch motivational demonstrations from a wide range of our employers
- Practice EPA?s with tutors that are fully qualified and trained by City and Guilds
- Gain a qualification that is recognised through out the world.
- Complete observations at college if the barbers doesn?t have the equipment needed
- Work with one of the leading colleges in the country
What will I study?
1) Functional skills 2) Consultation 3) Cutting hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks 4) Style and finish men?s hair 5) Cut facial hair into shape 6) Provide shaving services
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in developing your skills in the Barbering industry and become a professional stylist. Unlike many other training providers you will have the opportunity to work with other apprentices and motivate each other by show casing your work. This course is for some one that wants to be highly skilled with City and Guilds trained assessors and for someone that wants to be the best they can.
How is the course assessed?
Develop knowledge skills and behaviours by
- Attending college one day a week. All theory exams will be carried out. Observations will be in line with the end point exam.
- Regular monthly visits to the salon
- Evidence will be an online portfolio that the student and employer can access.
- The End Point Exam will be taken at college assessed with a City and Guilds examiner.
- Tunic ? trousers/leggings ? can be ordered from college
- Basic Barbering kit ? this can be ordered from college and is basic due to being able to use college equipment and products
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course you could progress to Level 2 women?s Hair and you could also then go onto level 3- giving you plenty of options to do whatever you want to do once completed
Entry Requirements for new students
- Must be employed in a salon
- Must be able to achieve a level 1 maths and English if not already achieved at school- help will be given
- Must sit a maths and English BKSB in order to make sure you are working at a correct level if you need level 1 with the college
Be prepared to sit English and maths assessments. You will need to bring copies of your certificates for any qualifications already achieved A copy of your CV or application The interview process will include an informal advice and guidance session with one of our apprenticeship advisors in preparation for a formal interview with an employer (subject to suitability for the course and job)