Within this course apprentices will be able to:
- Earn a wage while you work and study
- Meet organisational and industry standards
- Work on real clients
- Work and learn along other students building relationships, sharing ideas and encourage team working
- Learn how to work on a range of different clients
- Watch motivational demonstrations from a wide range of our employers
- Practice EPA's with tutors that are fully qualified and trained by City and Guilds
- Gain a qualification that is recognised through out the world.
- Complete observations at college if the workplace doesn't have the equipment needed
- Work with one of the leading colleges in the country
What will I study?
1) Functional skills 2) Consultation 3) Cutting hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks 4) Style and finish mens hair 5) Cut facial hair into shape 6) Provide shaving services
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in developing your skills in the Barbering industry and become a professional stylist. Unlike many other training providers you will have the opportunity to work with other apprentices and motivate each other by show casing your work. This course is for some one that wants to be highly skilled with City and Guilds trained assessors and for someone that wants to be the best they can.
How is the course assessed?
Develop knowledge skills and behaviours by
- Attending college one day a week. All theory exams will be carried out. Observations will be in line with the end point exam.
- Regular monthly visits to the salon
- Evidence will be an online portfolio that the student and employer can access.
- The End Point Exam will be taken at college assessed with a City and Guilds examiner.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- how to consult clients and be aware of all treatments available
- diverse cutting techniques and current styling trends
- health & safety requirements.
You will have the ability to:
- style, Cut and colour hair
- Communicate with clients and colleagues
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently, ensuring The root cause is resolved.
What is required?
- Safe working practices to ensure the safety of self and others
- Flexibility to changing working environment and demands
- Creativity and curiosity,?individual flair and imagination.
- Tunic - trousers/leggings - can be ordered from college
- Basic Barbering kit - this can be ordered from college and is basic due to being able to use college equipment and products.
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this apprenticesip, you may decide to train in hairdressing for women, or progress onto a Level 3 qualification.
Entry Requirements for new students
- Must be employed in a salon
- Must be able to achieve a level 1 maths and English if not already achieved at school- help will be given
- Must sit a maths and English BKSB in order to make sure you are working at a correct level if you need level 1 with the college
Be prepared to sit English and maths assessments. You will need to bring copies of your certificates for any qualifications already achieved A copy of your CV or application The interview process will include an informal advice and guidance session with one of our apprenticeship advisors in preparation for a formal interview with an employer (subject to suitability for the course and job)