Within this course apprentices will be able to:
- Earn a wage while you work and study
- Meet Both organisational and industry standards
- Work on Live clients, creating a realistic environment for the apprentice
- work and learn along other students building relationships, sharing ideas and courage team working AND DIVERSITY
- Learn how to develop skills on a range of various clients
- Receive motivational demonstrations from a wide range of our employers
- Practice EPA's with tutors that are fully qualified and trained by City and Guilds
- Gain a city and guilds qualification that is recognised worldwide.
- Be part of one of the TOP 10 leading colleges in the area
What will I study?
1) Functional skills 2) Consultation 3) Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp 4) Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks 5) Style and finish hair to create a variety of looks 6) Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques 7) Perming hair
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in developing your skills in the hairdressing industry and become a professional stylist. Unlike many other training providers you will have the opportunity to work with other apprentices and motivate each other by show casing your work. This course is for some one that wants to be highly skilled with City and Guilds trained assessors.
How is the course assessed?
Develop knowledge skills and behaviours by
- Being trained, Developed and observed in the exactly the same way to achieve their EPA
- Show casing their work by using an online portfolio
- Attending college one day a week. All theory exams will be carried out.
- Observations will be in line with the end point exam.
- Regular monthly visits to the salon
- Evidence will be an online portfolio that the student and employer can access.
- The End Point Exam will be taken at college assessed with a City and Guilds examiner.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- how to consult clients and be aware of all treatments available
- diverse cutting techniques and current styling trends
- health & safety requirements.
You will have the ability to:
- style, Cut and colour hair
- Communicate with clients and colleagues
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently, ensuring The root cause is resolved.
What is required?
- Safe working practices to ensure the safety of self and others
- Flexibility to changing working environment and demands
- Creativity and curiosity,?individual flair and imagination.
- BLACK Tunic - trousers / leggings - MUST be ordered from college
- Basic hair kit - this can be ordered from college and is basic due to being able to use college equipment and products
Progression and Career Opportunities
After successful completion of this course you could progress to Level 3 Hair or Level 2 barbering
Entry Requirements for new students
- Must be employed in a salon
- Must be able to achieve a level 1 maths and English if not already achieved at school- help will be given
- Must sit a maths and English BKSB in order to make sure you are working at a correct level if you need level 1 with the college
Be prepared to sit English and maths assessments. You will need to bring copies of your certificates for any qualifications already achieved A copy of your CV or application The interview process will include an informal advice and guidance session with one of our apprenticeship advisors in preparation for a formal interview with an employer (subject to suitability for the course and job)