These qualifications are for candidates who need to know more the safety precautions to be taken when working with or high voltage hybrid vehicles, as well as technicians who maintain hybrid vehicles systems. This qualification is designed to address hybrid electric vehicles? technologies, and ensure the safety of technicians working on high voltage hybrid vehicles. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
What will I study?
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
It contains two mandatory units EV2.2 and EV3.
EV2.2 covers all of the skills and knowledge from IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicles Routine Maintenance Activities and EV3 covers skills in:
- working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- using information to carry out the task
- carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- recording information and making suitable recommendations
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
*All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is for employers and employees who work in the motor vehicle industry who wish to gain the knowledge to work safely when carrying out repair activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage systems.
How is the course assessed?
The course will be assessed through:
- The completion of an On-line exam
- Practical assessments
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- The structure of The industry and how The business works from an operational perspective
- The procedures for The maintenance of tools and The workshop
- The implications and legal requirements of fitting accessories and carrying out vehicle modifications.
You will have the ability to:
- interpret diagnostic information and Use electrical wiring diagrams to determine service serviceability
- Adhere to business processes and complete documentation following workplace procedures
- complete a range of services and inspect and Prepare a vehicle to The required quality standard for handover to The customer.
What is required?
- take responsibility when required and be accountable when things dont go as planned
- Operate as an Effective team member
- Build effect relationships with colleagues and customers.
You will need to provide overalls, safety glasses and safety boots for College classes
Progression and Career Opportunities
This qualification will help support their progression onto qualifications that further develop their knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out diagnosis, repair and testing of high voltage components on Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
Applicants could progress onto Level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components
Entry Requirements for new students
All students will be required to be interviewed prior to enrolling onto the course