This Level 1 course will teach you essential skills to prepare you for further training within the construction environment. You will learn about Health and Safety and the units listed below will help you to begin your journey towards employment within the construction industry or further study to enhance your employability.
What will I study?
The units you will study are likely to include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
You will also study for qualifications in Functional Skills and Employability and Social Development.
All units are subject to change and may be withdrawn.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you have an interest in building and construction and wish to gain a Level 1 qualification in Painting and Decorating.
How is the course assessed?
- Practical task
- On-line multi-choice exams
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- Work hazards, safe working methods and appropriate safety requirements
- Most appropriate products and Use of colour in different settings
- techniques of application by brush, roller, pressure assisted roller and spray application.
You will have the ability to:
- identify hazards and risks in The workplace ensuring a safe environment
- Select, Use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely
- Use different application methods.
What is required?
- responsibilities towards own and others safety in The workplace
- Attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement?
- Effective communication in a team, with clients or with management.?
Progression and Career Opportunities
If you achieve the Level 1 qualification in Painting and Decorating you can progress onto the Level 2 Painting and Decorating.
Entry Requirements for new students
4 GCSEs at Grade 2
Your application is very important to us and we are committed to ensuring you receive the best possible experience.
We will consider your application carefully and will let you know, by email, if the College would like to make you a conditional offer based on you meeting the specified entry requirements.
If your application suggests that an alternative subject area or course level would be more appropriate for you at this stage, we will contact you either by telephone, email or text.