Studying one day per week you will learn a variety of skills and techniques in Pastry, dough products and confectionery.
The topics you are likely to study include:
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Produce fermented dough products
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you work or want to work as patisserie chefs in the catering and hospitality sector.
How is the course assessed?
Practical skills are assessed through the completion of collecting evidence while practicing skills and techniques. Assessment of practical activities to observe competency of skills will take place in our real life working environments. Theory is delivered in both classrooms and through our online portal and assessed through the completion of on-line tests, ongoing assessment tasks and assignments.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- how external factors such as trends, business strategy and The environment influence The development of dishes and menus
- advanced food preparation and cooking to produce complex dishes and menu items that meet business and customer requirements
- The importance of maintaining food safety practices and procedures to ensure safe preparation and cooking of food.
You will have the ability to:
- Work as part of a team to Provide a unique dining experience
- organise, multitask and Manage time well
- be Creative, with a willingness to learn and self-develop.
What is required?
- Solve problems while working in a challenging, time-critical environment and remain calm under pressure
- maintain high standards and promote a customer-centric culture
- support colleagues, customers and The business.
- A clean pressed chefs uniform in the kitchen
- Casual day wear for theory classes
The initial uniform and equipment cost is approximately £150. A list will be sent to you with your welcome pack before enrolling with us in September.
For further information please contact the Enrolment Centre on 0300 123 2344.
Entry Requirements for new students
There are no formal qualification entry requirements although a college interview is necessary. This level will suit those with little or no experience in pastry and confectionery. You will need a keen interest in seeking employment in hospitality and catering or currently be working in the industry'.