The course aims to provide you with the all the patisserie and confectionery knowledge and techniques needed for a successful career as a professional pastry chef. It will also improve your general culinary ability and covers kitchen hygiene and safety. In addition to developing good practical skills in patisserie and confectionery you will learn the theory that underpins the production of hot and cold desserts, dough products, petit fours, paste products and decorative items.
What will I study?
The units you are likely to study include:
- The principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Supervisory skills in the hospitality Industry
- Produce dough and batter products
- Produce Petit Fours
- Produce Paste products
- Produce hot, cold and frozen desserts
- Produce biscuits, cakes and sponges
- Produce display pieces and decorative items
- Explore Gastronomy
Progression and Career Opportunities:
- Higher education
- Chef de partie
- Supervisory roles
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you work or want to work as a patisserie chef in the catering and hospitality sector and wish to gain a Level 3 qualification.
How is the course assessed?
All students on this course will receive an ongoing assessment of their needs, with personal targets set to promote learning and support progression. Successful completion of this course will allow you to work as a professional pastry chef in a restaurant, hotel, armed services, cruise ships, or other similar roles within a professional kitchen.
You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of:
- how external factors such as trends, business strategy and The environment influence The development of dishes and menus
- advanced food preparation and cooking to produce complex dishes and menu items that meet business and customer requirements
- The importance of maintaining food safety practices and procedures to ensure safe preparation and cooking of food.
You will have the ability to:
- Work as part of a team to Provide a unique dining experience
- organise, multitask and Manage time well
- be Creative, with a willingness to learn and self-develop.
What is required?
- Solve problems while working in a challenging, time-critical environment and remain calm under pressure
- maintain high standards and promote a customer-centric culture
- support colleagues, customers and The business.
Purchasing of Chef Whites and materials will be discussed at interview - cost will be approximately £150.
Entry Requirements for new students
You will need:
- A Level 2 Professional Chefs qualification and/or
- Industry experience in a catering environment
You must also talk to one of our tutors before enrolling onto this course. Please call our Enrolment team on 0300 123 2344 for more information.