Course fees are based on current funding rates and often change from year to year. Below is a guide to what you may be expected to pay for your Further Education or Higher Education course but there are a range of options available to help with your costs. Please contact the Enrolment Centre on 0300 123 2344 for the latest information and advice.
Students under 19 years
If you are aged 16-18 on 31 August and are studying on a full-time or part-time Further Education course, you do not pay tuition or examination fees but you may be expected to pay for trips, materials, equipment and uniform. Financial support for these costs may be available.
Adults aged 19 or over
If you are aged 19+ at the start of a Further Education course, you may have to pay fees but there may be exemptions. There are no tuition fees for:
- Those earning up to £17,004 per annum (including the self-employed) on eligible courses.
- Unemployed students in receipt of a qualifying means-tested benefit at the start of an eligible course.
- Students aged 19-23 at the start of an eligible first full Level 3 course who do not already have a qualification at that or a higher level.
- Students aged 19-23 at the start of an eligible first full level 2 course who do not already have a qualification at that or a higher level.
- Students aged 19-23 at the start of an eligible entry Level or Level 1 course who intend to progress to a level 2 course.
- Qualifications in Maths or English, including GCSEs and Functional Skills, for students who have not previously attained a GCSE grade A*- C or grade 4 or above.
- Full-time Level 1 and Level 2 funded courses.
All adults are expected to pay for associated trips, materials, equipment, uniform costs and awarding body fees but concessions or financial support may be available.
Contact the Enrolment Centre on 0300 123 2344 for the latest information and advice.
Advanced Learner Loans
For approved qualifications at a higher level (Level 3 and above), you may be entitled to take out an Advanced Learner Loan to help pay your course fees.
Higher Education Fees
Tuition fees apply to all students.
All students can apply for a student loan to pay for their Higher Education tuition fees.
Contact the Enrolment Centre on 0300 123 2344 for further advice and guidance on your eligibility for financial support and bursaries.
Tuition fees for full-time Higher Education courses are £6,165 each year.
Tuition fees for part-time Higher Education courses are £3,000 each year.