Alongside a highly-rewarding new job role, there are a wide variety of benefits for those working at Northampton College.
We offer career-average pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) - a career-average pension scheme with benefits payable on 1/49th of pensionable pay. The employee contribution rate will depend on actual pay and will be between 5.5% and 12.5%. The scheme offers many benefits such as the flexibility to pay more or less, alternative retirement options and protection for your family. Find out more at www.lgps.org.uk.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TP) - a career average scheme (since 1 April 2015). Pension benefits are currently payable on 1/60th of average pay (for members who joined on or after 1 January 2007) and employee contribution rates are currently between 7.4% and 11.7% of full-time equivalent salary. The scheme offers a variety of benefits including options to purchase additional pension, protection for your family and alternative retirement options. Find out more at www.teacherspensions.co.uk.
We offer generous holiday schemes, with holiday entitlement ranging from 24 to 42 days per year (dependent on role) plus a total of 11 Bank Holidays/Closure Days.
Facilities and services
Staff are welcome to take advantage of college facilities and access employee services, including:
- Discounted hairdressing and beauty therapy treatments in our training salons (The Salon NC)
- Multi gym and sports hall
- Confidential employee support helpline
- Free parking and access to electric vehicle charging
- Discounts through membership of the NUS - ranging from Student Prime to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment and more.