We’re delighted you’re thinking about making an application to join us on a higher level programme. In order to give yourself time to apply for a Student Loan from the Student Loans Company to cover the fees of the course on which you want to study, it is best to apply as early as possible.
There are several ways to apply for an HNC or HND at Northampton College.
- You can apply online by going to your chosen course on the website. This will take you to the UCAS application form which will enable you to apply for up to five courses at different HE institutions.
- The UCAS process is open between October and the end of June of the following year.
- If you are currently studying on a level 3 programme at the college and know that you want to continue studying with us by progressing to an HNC or HND you do not need to apply through UCAS. The College has an internal application process and you can apply using standard college forms available from the enrolment office or at the back of the prospectus.
- If you decide to apply for an HE course after June while the UCAS application process is closed until clearing in August, you can apply using the College application form which will enable us to respond to you earlier and help you get on to a course rather than waiting to go through the clearing process.
- If you wish to apply for a part-time University of Warwick Initial Teacher Training course or a Higher Level Apprenticeship you can apply through the Northampton College application process.
Once you have applied we will make contact with you either through UCAS or directly and, in most cases, make you an offer. We will also offer you the chance to come in and visit the College to enable you to learn more about what is involved in studying at a higher education level at Northampton College. The visit will give you the opportunity to meet staff and current students and to see our facilities and resources and help you in your decision-making.