he 2Course fee information can be found within individual course descriptors on our website and will be discussed at interview. Fees for courses offered in partnership with a university are set by the individual university that validates the course and can be subject to change. Please check with our Enrolment Centre team for the most current information.

In addition, there may be additional costs for materials, equipment, trips and visits. Please see individual course descriptors for information.

How to pay

You can pay for your higher education course directly by bank card or bank transfer, cash or cheque at our Enrolment Centre. If you apply for a tuition fee loan, this will be paid directly to the College by the Student Loans Company. 


All Northampton College students enrolled on full time higher education programme are eligible to apply for a bursary £800 which will be paid on successful completion of the first year.

Help with the cost of study

To cover the costs of tuition and study you can apply for:

Tuition fee loans

  • Full time students don’t start repaying loans until they earn £21,000 or above
  • Part time students can apply for a tuition fee loan only
  • Part time students who earn over £21,000 a year must start paying back their loans after three years, even if their course hasn’t finished
  • Student Finance England pay the loan directly to the college
  • This loan does not depend on household income.

Maintenance loans (full time students only)

The maximum maintenance loan for new students starting from 1 September 2016 is as follows:

  • £8,200 if you live away from home and study at a university or college outside of London
  • £6,904 if you live at home

Maintenance loans are available to help with your living costs while in higher education. These loans are paid directly into your bank account each term and are paid back when your income is over £21,000 a year.

If you are planning to start a full-time or part-time higher education course, you will be able to apply for a student loan from the beginning of the calendar year in which your course starts. For more information go to www.slc.co.uk/.

If you are returning to a higher education course at a university or college, you will need to re-apply for student finance each year via www.slc.co.uk/.

Other sources of help with funding your studies could include:

Childcare grant

Helps with childcare costs for dependent children aged under 15 at the beginning of the academic year (or under 17 if they have special educational needs) in registered or approved childcare. For more details on what childcare qualifies, visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance.

Parents’ Learning Allowance

This allowance can help with course-related costs for students with dependent children.

Adult Dependants’ Grant

This grant can help if a student has an adult who depends on them financially. This cannot be the student’s grown-up child or other adult who gets student finance.

Financial support for students with disabilities

As a Higher Education student living in England, you can apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:
  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia).

For more details please visit https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowances-dsas.


all logo

student success

Lewis Levi

Lewis Levi

 A ‘one-to-one’ approach to learning and a thorough approach to the art of storytelling has given a Northampton College student his very own story to tell. Lewis Levi graduated from the...



Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address

Please select an enquiry topic
Please enter an enquiry message
We use the personal details from this form for administrative purposes and to occasionally contact you with information regarding courses and events that might be of interest.

We want to be clear on exactly why we need your data and we’ve tried our best to explain things simply. Please state that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Notice before you submit your application.

You must agree with our terms before submitting your details